Thursday, June 12, 2003

  • There's a bug in my code. I know where it is. I don't know why it is.
  • The web, while it indexes many remarkable things, does not have any information on bands that combine bagpipes, accordion, and banjo. At least, there was none that I found.
  • There's nothing quite like listening to a prank computer support call in German. I didn't understand any of it, except the parts where they were spelling command names.
  • It's a lot more amusing to listen to someone you know recite the Star Wars rap from memory than it is to listen to the original.
  • These are not people with CPAs -- these are people who think 'general ledger' refers to a World War II hero.
  • This is the panel discussion on computer software history; for social skills, go down the hall and take a right.
  • Fruit tea with tapioca balls is surprisingly good. Mine tasted vaguely like grapefruit. Except for the tapioca, of course.
  • If you had to choose a sci-fi universe to explore, which one would it be?
  • I can tell left from right, but the whole east-west thing still confuses me sometimes.
  • Patxi is running RedHat 9.0 now.
  • Iterative refinement is my friend.
  • Sound effects may not make an explanation of a mathematical concept any clearer, but sometimes they're the best part.
  • Did I mention there's a bug in my code?
  • Currently drinking: Black coffee