Friday, June 06, 2003

I finished reading Idoru by William Gibson this evening. It's an interesting book, definitely worth reading. After I finished it, I looked up at the ceiling and thought It's 2:30 in the morning, isn't it? But when I looked at my watch, I saw it was only 11:00.

I made couscous with raisins and tomatos for dinner, along with a pot of black bean chili. I would have skipped the chili, but my neighbors returned not long after I started cooking. They looked hungry, and I felt like I could use the company, not to mention the variety in my own diet.

I've noticed that I eat less when I eat alone. What I eat alone is also often not as well-balanced as what I eat in company -- bread, fruit, and water go a long way, but vegetables and protein are useful, too. Friends who are willing to share a meal are a valuable commodity.