- Does this sound familiar?
- I may have to watch a little more television. Okay, I'll probably forget; but I'm pleased by the idea that someone is casting a mathematician in a role that is not insane or doofy.
- Thinking of public awareness of mathematics, I just saw the poster for Math Awareness Month 2005. Pretty pictures!
- I mentioned a while ago two articles on the outside pursuits and poetry of mathematicians. Those articles are now online.
- I've decided to subscribe to MAKE Magazine, and I'm looking forward to the first issue.
- The epilogue to Mathematical Illustrations in PostScript has some more interesting comments on the design of explanatory graphics.
- Joel Spolsky makes some interesting comments on the MS anti-spyware tool.
Thinking of anti-spyware tools and the Turing award (announced just recently for this year),
reminded me of Ken Thompson's Turing Award
lecture. Smart people have been thinking about the consequences of sneaky software for
a long time now; I wonder how much
embeddedmalware is out there, undetected?
Sunday, February 20, 2005
Posted by David at 2:17 PM