Sunday, November 30, 2003

The winter rains have finally come to the Bay Area, and they bring to me a sudden desire for new footwear. My sneakers are leakers. In particular, there is a hole at the top of the tip of the toe of my right shoe which seems to turn that shoe into a bucket. There's still a lot of life left in this pair of sneakers, but perhaps it's time to retire them until the rains are past.

I ate well enough on Thursday to be full and happy but not to be overstuffed, and I worked well enough this weekend to be comfortable while still having time to walk and to read a little. And I spent a little time procrastinating, too. It was interesting procrastination, though -- I found out something I didn't know about Marshall McLuhan's book The Medium is The Message.

  • Currently drinking: Rasberry Zinger
  • Currently reading: The Culture We Deserve by Jacques Barzun