Sunday, November 16, 2003

I think all the following jokes are funny. This is further evidence that I'm probably better suited to computational mathematics than to stand-up comedy.

  • The self-help group for compulsive talkers: On and On Anon.
  • What looks a lot like a tote bag? An asymptote bag.
  • All famous mathematicians are Armenian. Just look at the names: Gaussian, Lagrangian, Hamiltonian, ...
  • To estimate the time for a task, take your best estimate and double it. Apply recursively.
  • I'm totally normal: < totally, David> = 0.
  • The calculus of variations is a small part of the beach of changes.
  • World ends at 10! More at 11.
  • Get thee to a punnery!
  • I'd like to fill out an apple-cation to become an orange-anion.
  • C is for cookie my browser fetched for me; C is for cookie that's sent by TCP...
  • If it ain't broke, you haven't meddled enough.
  • Do differentiable manifolds have something to do with integrable exhaust?
  • A baby eigensheep is... a lamb, duh. A baby eigencow says mu. And why are all my jokes about wavefunctions met with psis?