Sunday, November 09, 2003

Saturday was the long-awaited Pumpkin Extravaganza. Well, it was as long-awaited as anything planned about a week in advance can be. I used about 1.75 medium-sized pumpkins for making pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, and toasted pumpkin seeds. There was also fresh apple cider, quiche, bread, pate, a salad with candied walnuts and cranberry goat cheese, and some pork and chicken. There was also a curried cabbage dish and some cupcakes. It was all quite tasty, which is good -- I still have another quarter pumpkin in the refrigerator with which I should do something.

Friday evening, I had dinner with Mike, Tracy, and Anant; most of Saturday was devoted to pumpkin buying, cooking, and eating; and I had lunch with Winnie at Vik's Chaat House today. And then the past few hours were spent coping with the realization that I'd planned to do at least three days worth of work this weekend, and only scheduled Sunday evening in which to really do it. Such is life.