Sunday, November 02, 2003

I made a big dinner this evening: black bean soup with Irish soda bread and with apple-rhubarb-raisin cobbler for dessert. I had a cup of hot apple cider on the side. I filled myself quite comfortably, and shared with Patxi and my neighbors, too. There will still be leftover food for the next couple days, I'm sure.

The weather has turned cool, at least as much as it does in the area. Construction practices in this area place more emphasis on seismic soundness than on insulation, which is as it should be. But as a consequence, the difference between the inside and outside temperature is not so great as I might wish. All of which is a roundabout way of saying My feet are cold.

My feet are cold. But my hands are warm, thanks to the cider, and my ears are warm, thanks to my hood. I find contentment in these little things.