Wednesday, October 29, 2003

I made an Amazon order today. Why? I wanted to get another book on perturbation methods, since they seem to be showing up with increasing frequency in my recent research endeavours, and since they're showing up in class as well. That was just the excuse I needed. I picked up a few other books from my wish list as well, though I've taken less time to read recently, so that my queue is perilously full. The books are:

  • Perturbation Methods by E.J. Hinch -- a concise, mathematically-oriented treatment
  • Simple and Direct by Jacques Barzun -- on writing style
  • The Culture We Deserve by Jacques Barzun -- cultural criticism essays
  • Moving Toward Stillness by Dave Lowry -- essays on the Japanese martial arts
  • Alistair Cooke's America by Alistair Cooke -- a history by the BBC correspondent

Back to the code.