Tuesday, October 21, 2003

The computer is generating quadrature rules, and I'm going in circles debugging. I take great comfort in the thought that my computer is doing something useful even if I'm stuck.

Lunch yesterday was courtesy of the CS faculty. Every Monday, they have a lunch meeting that goes from 12-1; and every Monday around 1, the graduate students raid the leftovers. Yesterday was Mexican food, and it was quite good. And for recess? I walked to the top of Solano last night and bought a copy of Neal Stephenson's Quicksilver. I thought I might read for an hour or two before I went to bed last night, but the walk was sufficiently invigorating that I had energy to keep working until around midnight. At that point I fell asleep before I could even think about reading.

  • Currently drinking: green tea