Sunday, February 08, 2004

Today was a day of tea.

After this week's social dancing class, Winnie and I went to San Francisco for high tea. We had one pot of tea flavored with black currants and one of a blend of black teas. There were also finger foods to savor between sips.

In the evening, I went to dinner with friends at La Mediterranee, a local Mediterranean restaurant. The wait was longer than we expected, but the food came quickly after we were seated. It all tasted good to me. We ate cake at home. Two friends brought tea with them. My friends have excellent taste.

It was a full day, and I'm omitting details. In the brief quiet moments, I did a little work, listened to the radio some, and read more from Simple and Direct by Jacques Barzun. And now I will read a little more and go to sleep.

And tomorrow I'll start with a cup of tea.