Monday, December 20, 2004

December

I returned yesterday from a trip to LA to visit Winnie's family, and I leave tomorrow to visit my family for two weeks. In other news, I have been reading, pondering, writing, and reading some more. All the writing has been technical, as has much of the reading. I have written no letters and no Christmas cards, and it seems unlikely that I'll do so. I've avoided getting sick, mostly, and I have made some effort to be sociable; but I've also been eating less, sleeping more, seeking work, and avoiding people more than I sometimes do. All this is utterly predictable: I'm this way most Decembers.

Posts will be sparse, if there are any at all, for the next couple weeks. It should be more regular come January. And if I owe you a letter, maybe that will come in January, too.