Wednesday, November 24, 2004

National treasure

I saw National Treasure with a couple friends from the department this evening. It is a silly movie; but at least one of the characters seems to be in on the joke. My guess is that the director watched one of the Indiana Jones films, read The Da Vinci Code and then took a nap. I kept expecting the sidekick with the beard and turban to pop up and yell Indy! Well, not really, but it's not that much of a stretch.

It's not too much, I think, to mention that very near the beginning of the movie, while the main characters are searching an old ship, they break open a bunch of barrels, and gunpowder pours out. Guess what will happen within the next couple minutes?

Let us not go to Camelot. It is a very silly place. Be that as it may, though, I enjoyed the movie.